The English idiom says, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” But in fact, someone’s appearance can inform you about a lot of things: from how much you can trust a person, to whether he or she is a perfectionist or not. It can even indicate various diseases.
Bright Side has found the features of our appearance that can tell you more than you think.
1. Wrinkles are connected to heart disease.
According to a study conducted in 2012, heart health problems affect the quality of the skin. Scientists compared the number of wrinkles on the upper inner arms and faces of a group of people with long-living parents and a random group of people of the same age. The results showed that women who have a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, look 2 years younger than their age. In contrast, women whose parents have heart problems, have more wrinkles.
2. Pimples can indicate health problems.
In Eastern medicine, it is believed that pimples on the skin are a consequence of issues with the internal organs and with various diseases.
- Pimples in the area between the eyebrows (on the bridge of the nose) can indicate liver problems. It could possibly be overloaded with alcohol, unhealthy fatty foods, or drugs.
- Most often, pimples under the eyes are linked to problems with the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- Pimples in the upper part of the cheeks indicate stomach problems.
- Pimples on the middle and lower parts of the cheeks can be caused by a malfunction of the lungs. The right cheek is responsible for the right lung, and the left cheek for the left lung. Lung disease can be expressed in red spots or problems with capillaries.
- Pimples over the lips can be a signal of cardiovascular problems.